Undertrial prisoner attempts self immolation
Sheikhpura: An undertrial prisoner at the district prison here allegedly tried to immolate himself and sustained several burn injuries.
Jamuna Mahto poured kerosene on his body from a lantern and lit a matchstick in a bid to immolate himself last night and sustained 75 per cent burns, jail superintendent Virendra Kumar said today.
Jail doctors referred him to Patna Medical College and Hospital, Kumar said.
The prisoner, a native of Sijhauri village of Sheikhpura district, had been lodged in the jail for three months in connection with the murder of his daughter in-law for dowry. His son too is in the same jail in the case, while his wife and daughter were released on bail recently.
An investigation was on into the incident, Kumar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- BlackBerry announces DTEK50 smartphone with Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Mobile communication partially restored in Kashmir Valley
- Madhavan delighted with 'Saala Khadoos' being lauded in Canada
- Ranveer Singh's 6-pack abs will give you serious fitness goals! Watch video
- Rio Olympics 2016: Neymar defends his party boy lifestyle