Undertrial prisoner attempts suicide by immolating himself in Bihar
Biharsharif: An undertrial prisoner on Thursday attempted suicide by immolating himself in a jail in Bihar`s Nalanda district, an official said.
Prisoner Ajay Chaudhary poured kerosone oil on himself and lit a matchstick in a bid to commit suicide in the jail in Hilsa Sub-Division, but the other inmates and prison guards came to his rescue and doused the flames, District Magistrate B Kartikeya said.
Chaudhary, who sustained severe burn injuries, was taken to a private clinic where the attending doctors referred him to hospital in the state capital, he said.
A native of Kanhaiyaganj village under Ungari police station area, he was arrested two years ago on a complaint lodged by a woman, a tenant in his house, for outraging her modesty, the District Magistrate said, adding a probe has been ordered in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog