Undertrial prisoner attempts suicide by immolating himself in Bihar
Biharsharif: An undertrial prisoner on Thursday attempted suicide by immolating himself in a jail in Bihar`s Nalanda district, an official said.
Prisoner Ajay Chaudhary poured kerosone oil on himself and lit a matchstick in a bid to commit suicide in the jail in Hilsa Sub-Division, but the other inmates and prison guards came to his rescue and doused the flames, District Magistrate B Kartikeya said.
Chaudhary, who sustained severe burn injuries, was taken to a private clinic where the attending doctors referred him to hospital in the state capital, he said.
A native of Kanhaiyaganj village under Ungari police station area, he was arrested two years ago on a complaint lodged by a woman, a tenant in his house, for outraging her modesty, the District Magistrate said, adding a probe has been ordered in this connection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living