Undertrial prisoner dies in hospital
Darbhanga: An undertrial prisoner died today in a hospital in Bihar`s Darbhanga district hours after he had attemped suicide in the jail premises, a prison official said.
The prisoner Siyaram Chaudhary died at the Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) during treatment after he had sustained neck injuries in a suicide bid with a broken bottle in the jail premises last night, the Jailor Ramadhar Singh said.
A native of Narayanpur village under Manigachhi police station area, Chaudhary was arrested in a case and lodged in the jail since August 16, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested