Undertrial prisoner dies in hospital
Darbhanga: An undertrial prisoner died today in a hospital in Bihar`s Darbhanga district hours after he had attemped suicide in the jail premises, a prison official said.
The prisoner Siyaram Chaudhary died at the Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) during treatment after he had sustained neck injuries in a suicide bid with a broken bottle in the jail premises last night, the Jailor Ramadhar Singh said.
A native of Narayanpur village under Manigachhi police station area, Chaudhary was arrested in a case and lodged in the jail since August 16, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler