Undertrial prisoner dies in hospital
Darbhanga: An undertrial prisoner died today in a hospital in Bihar`s Darbhanga district hours after he had attemped suicide in the jail premises, a prison official said.
The prisoner Siyaram Chaudhary died at the Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) during treatment after he had sustained neck injuries in a suicide bid with a broken bottle in the jail premises last night, the Jailor Ramadhar Singh said.
A native of Narayanpur village under Manigachhi police station area, Chaudhary was arrested in a case and lodged in the jail since August 16, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi