Undertrial prisoner dies in hospital
Darbhanga: An undertrial prisoner died today in a hospital in Bihar`s Darbhanga district hours after he had attemped suicide in the jail premises, a prison official said.
The prisoner Siyaram Chaudhary died at the Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) during treatment after he had sustained neck injuries in a suicide bid with a broken bottle in the jail premises last night, the Jailor Ramadhar Singh said.
A native of Narayanpur village under Manigachhi police station area, Chaudhary was arrested in a case and lodged in the jail since August 16, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever