Undertrial prisoner dies in hospital
Darbhanga: An undertrial prisoner died today in a hospital in Bihar`s Darbhanga district hours after he had attemped suicide in the jail premises, a prison official said.
The prisoner Siyaram Chaudhary died at the Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) during treatment after he had sustained neck injuries in a suicide bid with a broken bottle in the jail premises last night, the Jailor Ramadhar Singh said.
A native of Narayanpur village under Manigachhi police station area, Chaudhary was arrested in a case and lodged in the jail since August 16, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation