UNICEF executive director calls on Bihar CM
Patna: UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake on Tuesday called on Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his official residence here and assured him of the agency`s commitment to work for the well being of women and children in the state.
Lake, who was accompanied by UNICEF country head Karin
Hulshof and Bihar representative Yamin Mazumdar, said UNICEF
would extend all assistance to the state for improvement of
the health and well being of women and children.
He lauded the state government`s efforts towards
regular vaccination and polio immunization for children and
health schemes for women and people in rural areas.
Lake also congratulated the chief minister on his
landslide victory in the assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars