UP poll result, a warning to Cong, BJP: JD(U)
Patna: Ruling JD(U) in Bihar on Wednesday said
that the result of Uttar Pradesh assembly elections was a
warning to both the so called national parties like Congress
and BJP and it reflected the popular support for the regional
parties in states.
Talking to reporters JD(U) national president
Shivanand Tiwary said both Congress and BJP should take a
lesson from the result of Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
"BJP and Congress treat and behave with arrogance. The
two parties should know the fact that not a single party
government controls Centre and the state," Tiwary said.
"Now people`s aspirations and problems have changed.
The regional parties have gained strength because of becoming
favourite with people in the states," he said.
Congress and BJP should respect the alliances they
forged in, Tiwary said.
"Congress was defeated in the semi-final in assembly
election in five states and the factors of Rahul Gandhi and
Priyanka Gandhi have failed," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata