UP woman allegedly gangraped, abandoned in Bihar
Darbhanga: A woman from Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gang-raped by a truck driver and some other persons before being abandoned in a village in Bihar`s Darbhanga district on Sunday, police said.
Locals found the woman lying unconscious in Bela village and informed the police who took her to Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Upendra Sharma said.
Upon regaining consciousness, she told police that she was forcibly lifted by a truck driver in his vehicle near Jatepur Uttaridharmashala village in Uttar Pradesh`s Gorakhpur district two days ago while she was going out for personal work, he said.
The woman alleged that she was gangraped by the truck driver and cleaner for two days, the SP said, adding that a medical team has been constituted in the DMCH for her medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!