UP woman allegedly gangraped, abandoned in Bihar
Darbhanga: A woman from Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gang-raped by a truck driver and some other persons before being abandoned in a village in Bihar`s Darbhanga district on Sunday, police said.
Locals found the woman lying unconscious in Bela village and informed the police who took her to Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Upendra Sharma said.
Upon regaining consciousness, she told police that she was forcibly lifted by a truck driver in his vehicle near Jatepur Uttaridharmashala village in Uttar Pradesh`s Gorakhpur district two days ago while she was going out for personal work, he said.
The woman alleged that she was gangraped by the truck driver and cleaner for two days, the SP said, adding that a medical team has been constituted in the DMCH for her medical examination.
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli's special gift for Anushka Sharma on her 28th birthday!
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016