UP woman allegedly gangraped, abandoned in Bihar
Darbhanga: A woman from Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gang-raped by a truck driver and some other persons before being abandoned in a village in Bihar`s Darbhanga district on Sunday, police said.
Locals found the woman lying unconscious in Bela village and informed the police who took her to Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Upendra Sharma said.
Upon regaining consciousness, she told police that she was forcibly lifted by a truck driver in his vehicle near Jatepur Uttaridharmashala village in Uttar Pradesh`s Gorakhpur district two days ago while she was going out for personal work, he said.
The woman alleged that she was gangraped by the truck driver and cleaner for two days, the SP said, adding that a medical team has been constituted in the DMCH for her medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?