UPA fanning corruption with weak Lokpal Bill: BJP
Patna: Bihar BJP President Dr CP Thakur
on Wednesday charged the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre
with "fanning corruption" by bringing a weak Lokpal bill.
The Manmohan Singh government also "rushed with the Lokayukta" with the `malafide intention` to rule over the states, Thakur told reporters here.
Thakur, who led his party activists during the Raj
Bhavan march from the state party office, slammed the Congress
for "trying to rule the states by proxy by invoking the
"Congress had never been serious for Lokpal and has
fanned corruption at every level," Thakur said adding BJP was
in favour of a strong and effective Lokpal.
Thakur along with his party`s state General Secretary
Mangal Pandey later submitted a memorandum to Governor
The stir was organised as part of the nation-wide
campaign launched by BJP against "a weak Lokpal bill."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends