UPA fanning corruption with weak Lokpal Bill: BJP
Patna: Bihar BJP President Dr CP Thakur
on Wednesday charged the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre
with "fanning corruption" by bringing a weak Lokpal bill.
The Manmohan Singh government also "rushed with the Lokayukta" with the `malafide intention` to rule over the states, Thakur told reporters here.
Thakur, who led his party activists during the Raj
Bhavan march from the state party office, slammed the Congress
for "trying to rule the states by proxy by invoking the
"Congress had never been serious for Lokpal and has
fanned corruption at every level," Thakur said adding BJP was
in favour of a strong and effective Lokpal.
Thakur along with his party`s state General Secretary
Mangal Pandey later submitted a memorandum to Governor
The stir was organised as part of the nation-wide
campaign launched by BJP against "a weak Lokpal bill."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack