UPA govt on the last leg of its rule: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said the UPA government was on the last leg of its rule following the coal scam.
"Isme koi shak hai kya (Is there any doubt)" replied Kumar when asked whether the coal scam would prove to be the last nail in the coffin of the UPA government.
On the Parliament stalemate, he said political parties were trying to work out steps to end it.
"Lok Sabha`s Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj has put up two conditions before the UPA government to allow Parliament to function and other parties have supported her stand," he said.
The leadership of all political parties at the national level have been working hard to end the logjam, he said but refrained from making any new suggestion.
On CAG report claiming loss of Rs. 1.86 lakh crore due to allotment of coal blocks without auction during UPA rule, Kumar said that as per the constitutional arrangement, CAG report is vetted by PAC and on its report further action is taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL