UPA has the numbers to sail through on FDI issue: Lalu
Patna: With DMK announcing support on FDI issue it is clear that UPA has sufficient numbers to `sail through` voting on the issue in Parliament, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said.
There was no reason for NDA to continue to stall Parliament as UPA coordination committee has approved discussion on FDI and also voting, he told newsmen here.
"The decision on whether the discussion will held under rule 184 (entailing voting) or rule 193 (without voting) is the prerogative of the Speaker," he said.
RJD, which has four MPs in Lok Sabha and two in Rajya Sabha, has already announced support to UPA government`s decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail.
On the arrest of two senior journalists of ZEE news, Prasad said it was not justified.
"This is an issue between Congress MP Naveen Jindal and ZEE news. Jindal should have settled it between themselves," he added.
The RJD president welcomed the Centre`s decision of direct cash subsidy transfer to beneficiaries of welfare schemes and said this would end the role of middlemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray