UPA has the numbers to sail through on FDI issue: Lalu
Patna: With DMK announcing support on FDI issue it is clear that UPA has sufficient numbers to `sail through` voting on the issue in Parliament, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said.
There was no reason for NDA to continue to stall Parliament as UPA coordination committee has approved discussion on FDI and also voting, he told newsmen here.
"The decision on whether the discussion will held under rule 184 (entailing voting) or rule 193 (without voting) is the prerogative of the Speaker," he said.
RJD, which has four MPs in Lok Sabha and two in Rajya Sabha, has already announced support to UPA government`s decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail.
On the arrest of two senior journalists of ZEE news, Prasad said it was not justified.
"This is an issue between Congress MP Naveen Jindal and ZEE news. Jindal should have settled it between themselves," he added.
The RJD president welcomed the Centre`s decision of direct cash subsidy transfer to beneficiaries of welfare schemes and said this would end the role of middlemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh
- India can save $50 billion if logistics costs are brought down to 9% of GDP: Study