UPA misusing CBI against Paswan: Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Hinting at a possible tie-up between BJP and LJP in Bihar, former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday alleged that the UPA government was misusing CBI against Ramvilas Paswan in the recruitment scam in a public sector undertaking to settle political scores with the latter.
"We strongly condemn the UPA government for misusing the CBI against political adversaries, this time against Paswan," he told reporters.
The senior BJP leader said that Congress was misusing the CBI to harass Paswan after efforts to cobble up an alliance with the LJP appeared to be falling apart.
Modi, however, refused to confirm speculation that behind-the-scene parleys were on between the BJP and the LJP to stitch alliance for the general elections.
As of the day, the LJP was not part of the NDA, but nothing could be ruled out in politics, the senior BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside