UPA misusing CBI against Paswan: Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Hinting at a possible tie-up between BJP and LJP in Bihar, former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday alleged that the UPA government was misusing CBI against Ramvilas Paswan in the recruitment scam in a public sector undertaking to settle political scores with the latter.
"We strongly condemn the UPA government for misusing the CBI against political adversaries, this time against Paswan," he told reporters.
The senior BJP leader said that Congress was misusing the CBI to harass Paswan after efforts to cobble up an alliance with the LJP appeared to be falling apart.
Modi, however, refused to confirm speculation that behind-the-scene parleys were on between the BJP and the LJP to stitch alliance for the general elections.
As of the day, the LJP was not part of the NDA, but nothing could be ruled out in politics, the senior BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof