UPA misusing CBI against Paswan: Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Hinting at a possible tie-up between BJP and LJP in Bihar, former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday alleged that the UPA government was misusing CBI against Ramvilas Paswan in the recruitment scam in a public sector undertaking to settle political scores with the latter.
"We strongly condemn the UPA government for misusing the CBI against political adversaries, this time against Paswan," he told reporters.
The senior BJP leader said that Congress was misusing the CBI to harass Paswan after efforts to cobble up an alliance with the LJP appeared to be falling apart.
Modi, however, refused to confirm speculation that behind-the-scene parleys were on between the BJP and the LJP to stitch alliance for the general elections.
As of the day, the LJP was not part of the NDA, but nothing could be ruled out in politics, the senior BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why