Upendra Kushwaha forms new political party in Bihar
Patna: A month after quitting the Rajya Sabha seat as well as the JD(U)`s primary membership, senior leader Upendra Kushwaha on Sunday launched political party Rashtriya Lok Samata Party with a pledge to oust the NDA government in Bihar.
Kushwaha unveiled the name and flag of his party at an impressive rally at the historic Gandhi Maidan here.
Apparently eyeing the support of minorities and the Most Backward Castes (MBCs) for revival of his fledgling political career, the RLSP founding leader lambasted both Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad for "be-fooling the people of Bihar for over two decades with one false promise or another".
"We will deliver in terms of concrete results if voted to power and ensure economic development of Bihar and welfare of its people," Kushwaha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police