Upendra Kushwaha forms new political party in Bihar
Patna: A month after quitting the Rajya Sabha seat as well as the JD(U)`s primary membership, senior leader Upendra Kushwaha on Sunday launched political party Rashtriya Lok Samata Party with a pledge to oust the NDA government in Bihar.
Kushwaha unveiled the name and flag of his party at an impressive rally at the historic Gandhi Maidan here.
Apparently eyeing the support of minorities and the Most Backward Castes (MBCs) for revival of his fledgling political career, the RLSP founding leader lambasted both Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad for "be-fooling the people of Bihar for over two decades with one false promise or another".
"We will deliver in terms of concrete results if voted to power and ensure economic development of Bihar and welfare of its people," Kushwaha said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma