Upendra Kushwaha forms new political party in Bihar
Patna: A month after quitting the Rajya Sabha seat as well as the JD(U)`s primary membership, senior leader Upendra Kushwaha on Sunday launched political party Rashtriya Lok Samata Party with a pledge to oust the NDA government in Bihar.
Kushwaha unveiled the name and flag of his party at an impressive rally at the historic Gandhi Maidan here.
Apparently eyeing the support of minorities and the Most Backward Castes (MBCs) for revival of his fledgling political career, the RLSP founding leader lambasted both Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad for "be-fooling the people of Bihar for over two decades with one false promise or another".
"We will deliver in terms of concrete results if voted to power and ensure economic development of Bihar and welfare of its people," Kushwaha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...