Uproar in Assembly over Nitish apology for SP
Patna: The opposition on RLD Thursday raised
the issue Chief Minister Nitish Kumar apologising for the
alleged misbehaviour of an SP with a woman, saying this was
not a healthy sign for democracy.
Raising the issue during the zero-hour, RJD MLAs Lalit
Yadav supported by his other party colleagues, alleged that
the government had given a free hand to police personnel to
unleash atrocities on people.
Leader of the opposition and senior RJD MLA Abdul Bari
Siddiqui expressed surprise over Kumar apologising for the
`misbehaviour` of a senior police official with a woman after
death of two children here on February 20.
"Being the head of the executive, chief minister`s
apology for an act committed by an official is not not a
healthy sign for democracy," he said.
"Had the CM apologised for what happened in Forbesganj
where four persons were killed in police firing last year or
for the atrocities on women, Dalits and backwards in Jehanabad
or Gaya," Siddiqui asked.
RJD members demanded immediate sacking of the woman SP
involved in the alleged misbehaviour.
Road Construction Minister NK Yadav, however, opposed
the statement of Siddiqui saying it reflected the sensible
behaviour of the CM.
The CM had asked Chief Secretary Navin
Kumar to submit a report about the incident, he said.
"It is my moral responsibility if any state machinery
has caused any citizen to face difficulty during my tenure,"
Kumar had said in the legislative council yesterday and
apologised for what happened on February 20.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!