Uproar in Bihar assembly over alleged NRHM irregularities
Patna: Main opposition RJD in Bihar on Tuesday created an uproar in the state assembly alleging large-scale irregularities in National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and demanded a CBI probe into it.
Before the house assembled for the day, RJD MLAs organised demonstration in the main portico of the house holding anti-government placards and demanding probe into the alleged NRHM scam.
The agitated members later entered the house and alleged large-scale irregularities in NHRM. They alleged that under NHRM ovaries of a large number of women were removed.
"It is an extremely serious issue and the irregularities under NHRM should be probed by CBI," they said.
Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary`s ruling rejecting the adjourntment notice by RJD MLA Akhtarul Imam and others saying it was not in proper order, made the opposition MLAs more angry. They demanded that the state government must ensure a debate on the subject which they claimed "very very serious."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16