Uproar in Bihar assembly over alleged NRHM irregularities
Patna: Main opposition RJD in Bihar on Tuesday created an uproar in the state assembly alleging large-scale irregularities in National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and demanded a CBI probe into it.
Before the house assembled for the day, RJD MLAs organised demonstration in the main portico of the house holding anti-government placards and demanding probe into the alleged NRHM scam.
The agitated members later entered the house and alleged large-scale irregularities in NHRM. They alleged that under NHRM ovaries of a large number of women were removed.
"It is an extremely serious issue and the irregularities under NHRM should be probed by CBI," they said.
Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary`s ruling rejecting the adjourntment notice by RJD MLA Akhtarul Imam and others saying it was not in proper order, made the opposition MLAs more angry. They demanded that the state government must ensure a debate on the subject which they claimed "very very serious."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened