Uproar in Bihar Assembly over alleged NRHM irregularities
Patna: Main opposition RJD in Bihar on Tuesday created an uproar in the state assembly alleging large-scale irregularities in National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and demanded a CBI probe into it.
Before the house assembled for the day, RJD MLAs organised demonstration in the main portico of the house holding anti-government placards and demanding probe into the alleged NRHM scam.
The agitated members later entered the house and alleged large-scale irregularities in NHRM. They alleged that under NHRM ovaries of a large number of women were removed.
"It is an extremely serious issue and the irregularities under NHRM should be probed by CBI," they said.
Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary`s ruling rejecting the adjourntment notice by RJD MLA Akhtarul Imam and others saying it was not in proper order, made the opposition MLAs more angry. They demanded that the state government must ensure a debate on the subject which they claimed "very very serious."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH