Uproar in Bihar assembly over power crisis
Patna: Uproarious scenes were witnessed in
Bihar assembly today with opposition and ruling NDA MLAs
raising the issue of acute power crisis facing some parts of
the state and criminalisation of politics, disrupting the
proceedings of the house for some time.
Amrendra Pratap Singh (BJP) raised the issue of acute
power crisis gripping several parts of the state, including
Bhojpur district, during the zero hour.
Singh claimed that power crisis had become acute and it
had created a serious law and order problem in some parts of
Though the speaker U N Choudhary insisted that the
members should maintain peace and order, opposition members
stood in their seats and tried to raise the matter of
In the meantime, Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav
said the state government would make a statement on the
the power crisis in the house.
Ruling JD(U) member Shravan Kumar, in a bid to silence
the opposition, raked up the issue related to yesterday`s
arrest of RJD leader Bindeshwari Prasad Yadav alias Bindi
Yadav from whose vehicle police had seized over 4000 rounds of
ammunition, which was vehemently opposed by the RJD members.
"It is matter relating to criminalisation of politics",
which he said had made the people bow their heads in shame.
Supporting the issue raised by Kumar, State Water
Resources Department Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary said
it was a matter of serious concern.
Leader of the opposition in the house Abdul Bari
Siddiqui strongly opposed the manner in which the issue was
raised and said the state ministers should refrain from making
a deliberate comment against a particular party.
"Not a single RJD leader has done anything for
freeing the RJD leader held in Gaya yesterday", Siddiqui
claimed and said the state government should maintain
impartiality in taking action and should shun taking action
out of political vendetta.
Sadanand Singh (Congress) too supported the view of
Then Choudhary once again clarified that the state
government would take legal action against the criminals
irrespective of their party affliations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims