US magazine`s praise for Nitish a publicity stunt: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Wednesday termed as "publicity" stunt the listing of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar by a US magazine among top 100 global thinkers.
"Such things are nothing but publicity materials far from truth which keep coming often," he told reporters here in his reaction to the prestigious Foreign Policy magazine naming Kumar among its top 100 global thinkers.
Aung San Suu Kyi, pro-democracy leader of Myanmar, tops the list and the country`s president Thein Sein, author Salman Rushdie and Malala Yousufzai, the rights activist of Pakistan who was attacked by the Taliban, are others mentioned in it.
Kumar`s name figures at the 77th spot for "turning around India`s poorest state" through an array of innovative programmes to address crime, corruption and lack of development. The list also features India`s chief economic advisor Raghuram Rajan and writer Pankaj Mishra.
Elaborating, Prasad said an American magazine had recently described Patna as among the best cities of the world, but the stampede during Chhath under Nitish Kumar`s rule claimed 17 lives and sullied the city`s name.
On allegations of irregularities in implementation of MGNREGA in Bihar, which is being probed on an order by the Rural Development department, the RJD chief said it proved his party`s allegations of large-scale corruption.
He demanded a CBI inquiry into reports of irregularities in MGNREGA scheme in some districts and said he would hit the streets again from December one as part of his "Parivartan yatra" against NDA government in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video