US special envoy to visit Super30
Patna: US Special Envoy to Organisation of
Islamic Conference Rashad Hussain would visit Patna-based
Super30 which helps poor children prepare for IIT-JEE, the
entrance test for the elite technology institutes in the
Super30 is an initiative of mathematician Anand Kumar
who trains 30 poor students every year for IIT-JEE out of
which a majority have so far succeeded in the test.
"Hussain will be accompanied by Benjamin Hesprich,
Clinton Brown, Consul for Political-Economic Affairs, US
Consulate in Kolkata," Kumar told agency.
Hussain`s father hailed from Bihar.
"He will see the way Super30 works and speak to
successful students," Anand said.
Many of the students have been first generation poor
learners from rural areas. The institute provides free food,
lodging and coaching, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31