Vastu Shilpa design chosen for Nalanda Univ campus
New Delhi: Bihar`s upcoming ultra-modern Nalanda University, named after India`s ancient seat of learning, has finalised the architectural design for its proposed campus at Rajgir in the state.
In an official statement, the University said Vastu Shilpa Consultant has won the architectural design competition for its campus from among the drawings and models submitted by eight prequalified architects and architectural firms.
It said the Vastu Shilpa`s design was chosen by a jury of four architects of international eminence - Dr Liu Thai Ker formerly Chief Town Planner for Singapore, Professor Osamu Ishiyama of Waseda University Japan, Prof Li Xiaodong of Tsinghua University, Beijing and Professor Neelkanth Chhaya of CEPT University, Ahmadabad.
Other members of the jury were Member of Parliament N K Singh and Prof Lord Meghnad Desai, both members of the university`s governing board, besides its Vice Chancellor Dr Gopa Sabharwal.
The university had organised the competition to choose the master plan and architectural design for its proposed campus.
The university said the jury selected Vastu Shilpa`s design on the basis of various factors, including "the possibility for future expansion, functional relationship between various components of the university and the manner in which each of the schemes addressed the issues of sustainability."
"The jury also felt the award entry most closely conveys the aspirations and objectives of the University and embodies the legacy of ancient Nalanda," said the statement.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Two killed in police firing in Arunachal's Tawang
- No plans to restart ceasefire with NSCN-K: Home ministry
- Trio of Earth-like planets found may posses perfect conditions for life, claim scientists
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to go back to Goa after Union Cabinet reshuffle?
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role