Vastu Shilpa design chosen for Nalanda Univ campus
New Delhi: Bihar`s upcoming ultra-modern Nalanda University, named after India`s ancient seat of learning, has finalised the architectural design for its proposed campus at Rajgir in the state.
In an official statement, the University said Vastu Shilpa Consultant has won the architectural design competition for its campus from among the drawings and models submitted by eight prequalified architects and architectural firms.
It said the Vastu Shilpa`s design was chosen by a jury of four architects of international eminence - Dr Liu Thai Ker formerly Chief Town Planner for Singapore, Professor Osamu Ishiyama of Waseda University Japan, Prof Li Xiaodong of Tsinghua University, Beijing and Professor Neelkanth Chhaya of CEPT University, Ahmadabad.
Other members of the jury were Member of Parliament N K Singh and Prof Lord Meghnad Desai, both members of the university`s governing board, besides its Vice Chancellor Dr Gopa Sabharwal.
The university had organised the competition to choose the master plan and architectural design for its proposed campus.
The university said the jury selected Vastu Shilpa`s design on the basis of various factors, including "the possibility for future expansion, functional relationship between various components of the university and the manner in which each of the schemes addressed the issues of sustainability."
"The jury also felt the award entry most closely conveys the aspirations and objectives of the University and embodies the legacy of ancient Nalanda," said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US