VC, govt official fined for violating RTI
Bhagalpur: Bihar Information Commission has
slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 each on the Vice-Chancellor of a
university and a government official for violating rules under
the Right to Information Act, official sources said on Tuesday.
The state Information Commissioner P N Narayan slapped
the fine on the Vice-Chancellor of the Tilkamanjhi University,
Bhagalpur, yesterday for not giving correct information to an
applicant in 2009.
Prema Jha was the then Vice-Chancellor of the University.
Applicant Amit Anand had sought some information in 2009
from the Vice-Chancellor, but as he did not get correct
information, Anand moved the Commission seeking appropriate
action, the sources said.
On December 3, BIC slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on Circle
Officer of Biraul block in Darbhanga district, Rajesh for not
furnishing information to an applicant within the stipulated
time, the sources said.
Chief Information Commissioner A K Choudhary slapped the
fine for not providing information to Vinay Kumar in time
under Right to Information Act.
Kumar submitted his application on November 12, 2009.
Since he did not get his answer within the mandatory
thirty days, Kumar moved the State Information Commission
seeking redressal leading to the decision of the BIC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...