Verdict on RC 20A fodder scam case on July 15
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Thursday directed 44 fodder scam accused, including former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagannath Mishra, to complete their arguments by July 1 as it fixed July 15 to deliver the judgement in a fodder scam case.
CBI judge Pravas Kumar Singh will deliver the judgement on the RC 20A-96 pertaining to alleged fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in the 1990s.
It has asked the accused to complete the arguments or submit their written arguments by July 1.
Besides Yadav and Mishra, senior government officials, including IAS officers and fodder suppliers have to appear before the court on the assigned date.
As of May 31, 2013, judgments were delivered in forty-four of the 53 cases in the Rs 950 crore fodder scam, which was unearthed during undivided Bihar regime.
This will be the first judgement among the five fodder cases against Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Common man can kill criminals: Haryana DGP KP Singh
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II