Veteran BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra passes away
Patna: Veteran BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra died Saturday after prolonged illness, party sources said here.
The 89-year-old Mishra breathed his last at his residence.
Mishra, who had served as Governor of Gujarat, was a bachelor.
hief Minister Nitish Kumar, his deputy and senior Bihar BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi visited his residence to pay condolence.
Kumar described Mishra as a senior politician dedicated to the cause of social work.
"With the passing of Mishra an era in politics has come to end," he said in his condolence message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!