Veteran BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra passes away
Patna: Veteran BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra died Saturday after prolonged illness, party sources said here.
The 89-year-old Mishra breathed his last at his residence.
Mishra, who had served as Governor of Gujarat, was a bachelor.
hief Minister Nitish Kumar, his deputy and senior Bihar BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi visited his residence to pay condolence.
Kumar described Mishra as a senior politician dedicated to the cause of social work.
"With the passing of Mishra an era in politics has come to end," he said in his condolence message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city