Veteran freedom fighter dead
Darbhanga (Bihar): Congress leader and veteran freedom fighter Jageshwar Yadav passed away, family sources said on Monday.
The 105-year-old died at his ancestral house at Ranipur in Darbhanga district last night.
Yadav was jailed several times, also during the 1942 Swadhinta Sangram Andolan`s struggle for freedom.
BJP MP Kirti Jha Azad, former Union Minister Md Ali Ashraf Fatmi, MLAs Sanjay Saraogi and Ashok Kumar Yadav condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!