Veteran freedom fighter dead
Darbhanga (Bihar): Congress leader and veteran freedom fighter Jageshwar Yadav passed away, family sources said on Monday.
The 105-year-old died at his ancestral house at Ranipur in Darbhanga district last night.
Yadav was jailed several times, also during the 1942 Swadhinta Sangram Andolan`s struggle for freedom.
BJP MP Kirti Jha Azad, former Union Minister Md Ali Ashraf Fatmi, MLAs Sanjay Saraogi and Ashok Kumar Yadav condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!