Veteran freedom fighter dead
Darbhanga (Bihar): Congress leader and veteran freedom fighter Jageshwar Yadav passed away, family sources said on Monday.
The 105-year-old died at his ancestral house at Ranipur in Darbhanga district last night.
Yadav was jailed several times, also during the 1942 Swadhinta Sangram Andolan`s struggle for freedom.
BJP MP Kirti Jha Azad, former Union Minister Md Ali Ashraf Fatmi, MLAs Sanjay Saraogi and Ashok Kumar Yadav condoled his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery