Vigilance case against Sadanand Singh, others
Patna: Bihar Vigilance Bureau has
registered a case against Congress leader and former speaker
of state Assembly Sadanand Singh and 41 others for
irregularities in recruitment of employees during the 12th
state Assembly (2000-2005).
The case was registered at the vigilance police
station yesterday against Singh and 41 others, including the
then Assembly secretary Jhauri Prasad Pal, under various
sections of the IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, an
official release said Tuesday.
A Vigilance team has found evidence of irregularities
in the process of recruitment of Assembly employees during a
preliminary probe, the release said.
Meanwhile, Singh rubbished the charges and described
registration of the case against him as `politically
motivated` claiming that he was being framed by the NDA
government after he had refused to join the BJP.
He also claimed that he has a copy of the preliminary
vigilance probe report in the alleged irregularities in which
the investigators had given him a clean chit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory