Vigilance court rejects former Speaker`s plea for bail
Patna: A vigilance court on Monday dismissed
the anticipatory bail plea of senior Congress MLA and former
Bihar Assembly Speaker Sadanand Singh and 15 others in a case
related to irregularities in appointments of clerks between
2000 and 2005.
Singh was the Speaker of the state Assembly during
Designated Vigilance Judge Ajit Kumar Sinha turned
down the bail plea of Singh and 15 others after the state
vigilance counsel strongly opposed their prayers.
The state vigilance bureau is probing alleged
irregularities and illegal appointment of clerks at junior
grade by the then Speaker "in connivance with the officials of
The bureau has named 42 officials, including Sadanand
Singh, who was once president of the state Congress unit, the
then Secretary of the Assembly JP Pal, the then deputy
secretary Rajkishore Rawat, the then deputy secretary N K
Singh and then under secretary B Prasad among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming