Villagers ransack school to protest student harassment in Bihar
Sheikhpura: Angry over the complaint against a teacher that he had harassed a school student, angry villagers on Saturday attacked a middle school in Bihar`s Sheikhpura district.
"There was a complaint against a teacher that he used to harass a girl student of class-VI at a government middle school at Sarva village of Sheikhpura district," Superintendent of Police Meenu Kumari said.
The girl told her parents about the harassment.
Angry over it, the villagers came to the school to beat up the teacher on which he hid in a class room and bolted from inside, the police said.
The mob ransacked the school and when the police arrived at the scene and took the teacher with them, they attacked the police, Meenu Kumari said.
The police managed to calm the villagers and took the teacher with them, the SP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India