Violent protest during Nitish visit to Sheikhpura
Sheikhpura (Bihar): A group of people staging
a protest outside a guest house, where Bihar Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar was staying, seeking his intervention in a murder
case turned violent after police tried to disperse them.
The protesters wanted to meet Kumar to seek his
intervention in the case one Dharmendra Kumar who was killed
yesterday, a police officer said.
The protesters demanded the arrest of four persons,
including a suspect Guddu Mian in connection with Dharmendra`s
Police used mild force to disperse agitators who damaged
welcome arches for the chief minister`s visit, besides
smashing the window panes of six government vehicles,
the official said.
The chief minister is undertaking a two-day `seva
yatra` in Sheikhpura district to review development works in
Meanwhile, Kumar heard the grievances of people at
Kuthaut, Ramraipur, Barbigha pockets of the district.
People apprised the chief minister about their
problems, including potable water crisis and old age pension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH