Vote for Nitish ‘strategy’, no call on ties: Cong
Patna: The Congress on Saturday said it voted for Nitish Kumar government on its trust motion as part of a `strategy` and would decide about having an alliance with JD(U) or RJD only after announcement of the Lok Sabha polls.
"The Congress is a political party and it voted for Nitish Kumar on the trust motion as part of the strategy to keep communal forces away," Congress general secretary and in-charge of Bihar affairs C P Joshi told reporters.
"It was a one-day session and there was one agenda (trust vote). So we went with the Nitish Kumar government after it separated from BJP. But Congress will fight against the Bihar government if it pursues any anti-people activity," Joshi said.
"Right now our efforts will be to make Congress stand on its own feet in the state... The question of alliance will be dealt with when Lok Sabha polls are announced," he said.
Appreciating Nitish Kumar`s decision to sever ties with BJP, he said, "When he (Nitish Kumar) realised that BJP was using him to pursue its communal agenda, he severed ties with it which is appreciable," Joshi, a close confidante of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, said.
This is Joshi`s first visit to Bihar after being made the in-charge of the state.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt