Vote for Nitish ‘strategy’, no call on ties: Cong
Patna: The Congress on Saturday said it voted for Nitish Kumar government on its trust motion as part of a `strategy` and would decide about having an alliance with JD(U) or RJD only after announcement of the Lok Sabha polls.
"The Congress is a political party and it voted for Nitish Kumar on the trust motion as part of the strategy to keep communal forces away," Congress general secretary and in-charge of Bihar affairs C P Joshi told reporters.
"It was a one-day session and there was one agenda (trust vote). So we went with the Nitish Kumar government after it separated from BJP. But Congress will fight against the Bihar government if it pursues any anti-people activity," Joshi said.
"Right now our efforts will be to make Congress stand on its own feet in the state... The question of alliance will be dealt with when Lok Sabha polls are announced," he said.
Appreciating Nitish Kumar`s decision to sever ties with BJP, he said, "When he (Nitish Kumar) realised that BJP was using him to pursue its communal agenda, he severed ties with it which is appreciable," Joshi, a close confidante of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, said.
This is Joshi`s first visit to Bihar after being made the in-charge of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened