VVIP quota in Bihar-bound trains reduced by Railways
New Delhi: After the exit of Lalu Prasad
from the Railway Ministry, there has been a drastic cut in the
VVIP reservation quota in Bihar-bound trains.
The Ministry, now taken over by Mamata Banerjee, has
reduced sleeper class emergency quota in 11 trains that
include the popular Sampark Kranti Express and Gorakhdham
The quota has been reduced to 24 from 60 in the New Delhi
-Patna Sampoorn Kranti Express and the New Delhi-Muzaffarpur
A passenger, who has a `waiting list` ticket, can be
accommodated in a train through the release of the emergency
The data regarding reduction of emergency quota in
Bihar-bound trains has come to light in response to an RTI
query by activist Subhash Chandra Aggarwal.
Apart from Patna-bound trains, emergency quota has
been reduced in express trains going to Sitamarhi, Darbhanga,
Bhagalpur, Rajgiri and Barauni in Bihar.
The quota has been reduced to 30 from 52 in the New
Delhi-Darbhanga Sampark Kranti Express and it has been cut to
24 from 40 in another Darbhanga bound train during the Mamata
The popular Rajgiri-bound Shramjeevi Express, which had
40 emergency seats for VVIPs earlier, now has 24 berths.
In the New Delhi-Barauni Express, emergency quota has
been slashed to 24 from 42 while Bhagalpur-bound Vikramshila
Express has now 24 seats as against 40 earmarked earlier for
Lalu`s departure from the ministry has also affected the
Gorakhdham Express, the emergency quota berths of which has
been reduced to 24 from 30.
However, according to RTI reply, Railway Ministry has not
increased the VVIP quota in West Bengal-bound trains during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why