VVIP quota in Bihar-bound trains reduced by Railways
New Delhi: After the exit of Lalu Prasad
from the Railway Ministry, there has been a drastic cut in the
VVIP reservation quota in Bihar-bound trains.
The Ministry, now taken over by Mamata Banerjee, has
reduced sleeper class emergency quota in 11 trains that
include the popular Sampark Kranti Express and Gorakhdham
The quota has been reduced to 24 from 60 in the New Delhi
-Patna Sampoorn Kranti Express and the New Delhi-Muzaffarpur
A passenger, who has a `waiting list` ticket, can be
accommodated in a train through the release of the emergency
The data regarding reduction of emergency quota in
Bihar-bound trains has come to light in response to an RTI
query by activist Subhash Chandra Aggarwal.
Apart from Patna-bound trains, emergency quota has
been reduced in express trains going to Sitamarhi, Darbhanga,
Bhagalpur, Rajgiri and Barauni in Bihar.
The quota has been reduced to 30 from 52 in the New
Delhi-Darbhanga Sampark Kranti Express and it has been cut to
24 from 40 in another Darbhanga bound train during the Mamata
The popular Rajgiri-bound Shramjeevi Express, which had
40 emergency seats for VVIPs earlier, now has 24 berths.
In the New Delhi-Barauni Express, emergency quota has
been slashed to 24 from 42 while Bhagalpur-bound Vikramshila
Express has now 24 seats as against 40 earmarked earlier for
Lalu`s departure from the ministry has also affected the
Gorakhdham Express, the emergency quota berths of which has
been reduced to 24 from 30.
However, according to RTI reply, Railway Ministry has not
increased the VVIP quota in West Bengal-bound trains during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets