Want to see Narendra Modi as future PM: Ram Vilas Paswan
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarpur: Days after his party returned to the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Monday said that he wants to see the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi becoming the prime minister of the country.
“I congratulate Narendra bhai for coming to Bihar again after he was welcomed by blasts in Patna. You (crowd) are here not only to welcome Modi, but to strengthen the NDA and bring a change in nation under his leadership. I want to see Narendra bhai as the future PM."
The LJP chief made these remarks while addressing a huge gathering of supporters during the “Hunkar Rally” called by the BJP where he also shared the dais with its BJP leaders, including Narendra Modi.
Drawing comparisons between the governments in Gujarat and Bihar, the LJP chief praised Modi`s model of governance and said, “Winds of change are blowing in India.”
Paswan also categorically rejected Modi`s criticism over communal riots in Gujarat by saying, “Riots happened in Gujarat 12 years ago, nothing has happened there since then, but here in Bihar, it happens every year.”
Taking a dig at former allies Congress and the RJD led by Lalu Prasad Yadav, Paswan said, “Both Nitish ji & Lalu ji used to praise me. They said they would like to see me as Chief Minister of Bihar, now I have entered an alliance so have become bad for them.”
“I was a friend earlier, suddenly I turned into villain after forging an alliance with the BJP, ” Paswan said on his criticism for joining hands with the BJP after 12 years.
Justifying his party`s decision to re-enter the NDA fold twelve years after quitting it over the 2002 communal riots in Gujarat, the LJP chief said, “No one follows coalition dharma the way BJP does.”
The senior Dalit leader also sought people`s good wishes for his son Chirag Paswan, who is supposed to have played a key role in the alliance between the LJP and the BJP in Bihar.
“My son Chirag has come to seek your blessings,” Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand