Wanted criminal dies in hospital under police custody
Bhagalpur: A wanted criminal has died in a hospital under police custody in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, police said on Thursday.
Ram Tanti died on his way to the Jawahar Lal Nehru Hospital last night where he was being taken for treatment after being referred by the attending doctors at a referral hospital, they said.
Tanti was arrested by the police in a case of 2006 in which he was absconding along with his son Manoj Tanti since 2006, they said, adding the deceased complained of chest pain soon after being brought to the police station, they said.
The victim`s kins have alleged that Tanti died due to torture by the policemen at Pirpaiti police station, a charge that police inspector JN Thakur has denied.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and an investigation was going on to find out the circumstances under which Tanti died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days