Wanted Maoist leader arrested in Bihar
Motihari (Bihar): A wanted Maoist `Area Commander` was arrested in a joint operation of Bihar Police and CRPF from Bajaria in East Champaran district on Tuesday.
Dinesh Pandit was arrested with a sophisticated 7.62 mm pistol, 35 cartridges and several pieces of Naxal literature, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) (Operations) Rajeev Kumar said.
"The arrested Maoist leader is the Area Commander of the Naxal groups active in Sheohar district in the state. He was involved in blasting the railway tracks in Muzaffarpur district along with several other incidents of violence. Police had been looking for him for the past several years," Kumar said, adding, Pandit was being interrogated to find out about his links.
The ASP said Kumar was a key player in the supply of arms and ammunition to the Maoist outfits active in north Bihar districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday