Wanted Maoist leader arrested in Bihar
Motihari (Bihar): A wanted Maoist `Area Commander` was arrested in a joint operation of Bihar Police and CRPF from Bajaria in East Champaran district on Tuesday.
Dinesh Pandit was arrested with a sophisticated 7.62 mm pistol, 35 cartridges and several pieces of Naxal literature, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) (Operations) Rajeev Kumar said.
"The arrested Maoist leader is the Area Commander of the Naxal groups active in Sheohar district in the state. He was involved in blasting the railway tracks in Muzaffarpur district along with several other incidents of violence. Police had been looking for him for the past several years," Kumar said, adding, Pandit was being interrogated to find out about his links.
The ASP said Kumar was a key player in the supply of arms and ammunition to the Maoist outfits active in north Bihar districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family