Wanted Maoist leader Dinesh Pandit arrested in Bihar
Motihari: A wanted Maoist `Area Commander` was arrested in a joint operation of Bihar Police and CRPF from Bajaria in East Champaran district on Tuesday.
Dinesh Pandit was arrested with a sophisticated 7.62 mm pistol, 35 cartridges and several pieces of Naxal literature, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) (Operations) Rajeev Kumar said.
"The arrested Maoist leader is the Area Commander of the Naxal groups active in Sheohar district in the state. He was involved in blasting the railway tracks in Muzaffarpur district along with several other incidents of violence. Police had been looking for him for the past several years," Kumar said, adding, Pandit was being interrogated to find out about his links.
The ASP said Kumar was a key player in the supply of arms and ammunition to the Maoist outfits active in north Bihar districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok