Warrant issued for Bihar legislator`s arrest
Patna: A local court in Bihar on Wednesday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Janata Dal-United (JD-U) legislator Sarfaraz Alam in connection with a 10-year-old assault and loot case, police said.
The Araria district civil court issued the warrant after Alam, a ruling party legislator from the Jokihat constituency in Araria, failed to appear for the hearing of the case registered in 2002.
Alam is the son of Mohammad Taslimuddin, a senior JD-U leader and a former central minister.
"The court`s order will be executed," said Araria Superintendent of Police Sandeep Lande.
Alam was booked in a case last year too, when he entered Nepal with machinegun-toting bodyguards without giving prior notice to Nepalese authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?