Warrant issued for Bihar legislator`s arrest
Patna: A local court in Bihar on Wednesday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Janata Dal-United (JD-U) legislator Sarfaraz Alam in connection with a 10-year-old assault and loot case, police said.
The Araria district civil court issued the warrant after Alam, a ruling party legislator from the Jokihat constituency in Araria, failed to appear for the hearing of the case registered in 2002.
Alam is the son of Mohammad Taslimuddin, a senior JD-U leader and a former central minister.
"The court`s order will be executed," said Araria Superintendent of Police Sandeep Lande.
Alam was booked in a case last year too, when he entered Nepal with machinegun-toting bodyguards without giving prior notice to Nepalese authorities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed