Washerman ousted from Bihar CM’s home after demanding dues
Patna: A washerman and his family, living within the premises of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence for over four years, was asked to move out after he demanded his dues of 18 months, the man has alleged. Officials, however, say the move was prompted by security reasons.
Lal Babu Razak told Friday that his family was forcibly ousted from the chief minister`s official residence at 1, Anne Marg here after he asked for money.
"We were not given money for washing clothes of the chief minister despite repeated pleas to the officials, including a powerful person on his personal staff. My wife managed to approach Nitish Kumar and requested him for money," Razak said.
"We have been washing Nitish Kumar`s clothes for several years. We were invited and provided a house to live within the premises of the official residence after he became chief minister.
"I was shocked that we were ousted from the official residence when we demanded our dues for washing clothes," Razak said.
Razak and his family were staying within the premises of chief minister`s residence for four-and-half-years.
An official in the chief minister`s residence said Razak was asked to move out for security reasons and not for any other reason.
"We were not a security threat for over four years. How can we pose a threat now?" said Razak, who is now virtually on the road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog