Wasnik, Bihar Congress chief chased by party activists
Patna: Union Minister and Congress state
affairs in-charge Mukul Wasnik was on Saturday heckled by partymen
who charged their leadership with `committing irregularities`
in distribution of party tickets.
As the minister for Social Justice and Empowerment,
accompanied by state party chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser
and other party leaders, reached the Scada business centre
here for releasing the manifesto for elections in Bihar at a
press conference, they faced hundreds of angry party workers.
The protestors raised slogans against the leaders for
`committing irregularities` in distribution of party tickets
and accused them of `entertaining illegal gratifications` by
giving tickets to well-off candidates.
However, Wasnik made light of the protests, and said
it was nothing `but pressure tactics.`
"If anybody is at all aggrieved in any manner over
distribution of tickets, he or she is welcome to raise the
issue within the party instead of fighting for the cause on
roads and harming Congress` image," he remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days