Wasnik, Bihar Congress chief chased by party activists
Patna: Union Minister and Congress state
affairs in-charge Mukul Wasnik was on Saturday heckled by partymen
who charged their leadership with `committing irregularities`
in distribution of party tickets.
As the minister for Social Justice and Empowerment,
accompanied by state party chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser
and other party leaders, reached the Scada business centre
here for releasing the manifesto for elections in Bihar at a
press conference, they faced hundreds of angry party workers.
The protestors raised slogans against the leaders for
`committing irregularities` in distribution of party tickets
and accused them of `entertaining illegal gratifications` by
giving tickets to well-off candidates.
However, Wasnik made light of the protests, and said
it was nothing `but pressure tactics.`
"If anybody is at all aggrieved in any manner over
distribution of tickets, he or she is welcome to raise the
issue within the party instead of fighting for the cause on
roads and harming Congress` image," he remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional