Wasteful expenditure will not be tolerated: Nitish
Patna: Wasteful expenditure of public money
would not be tolerated and stern action would be taken against
officials who do so in the name of repair and beautification,
electric and other maintenance of MLAs quarters, Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar said on Wednesday.
Replying to a short-notice question of ruling JD(U)
member Sanjay Singh Tiger in the state Assembly, Kumar said
the old quarters for MLAs on R block and Beer Chand Patel path
here would be demolished within a month and duplex houses
would be constructed for the members.
"In the meantime wasteful expenses are being made by the
officials in the name of maintenance, repair and renovation,
beautification and electricity in the old quarters," Tiger
He was supported by ruling BJP MLA Sanjay Sarawagi, who
sought actions against officials found to be involved in it.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who was present in the House
said he would ensure a probe by the development commissioner
into the allegations and stern actions would be taken against
those found to be guilty of irregularities, misuse and
wasteful expenses in the name of maintenance of the old MLA
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader