Wasteful expenditure will not be tolerated: Nitish
Patna: Wasteful expenditure of public money would not be tolerated and stern action would be taken against officials who do so in the name of repair and beautification, electric and other maintenance of MLAs quarters, Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar said on Wednesday.
Replying to a short-notice question of ruling JD(U) member Sanjay Singh Tiger in the state assembly, Kumar said the old quarters for MLAs on R block and Beer Chand Patel path here would be demolished within a month and duplex houses
would be constructed for the members.
"In the meantime wasteful expenses are being made by the
officials in the name of maintenance, repair and renovation,
beautification and electricty in the old quarters," Tiger
He was supported by ruling BJP MLA Sanjay Sarawagi, who
sought actions against officials found to be involved in it.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who was present in the house
said he would ensure a probe by the development commissioner
into the allegations and stern actions would be taken against
those found to be guilty of irregularities, misuse and
wasteful expenses in the name of maintenance of the old MLA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city