Wasteful expenditure will not be tolerated: Nitish
Patna: Wasteful expenditure of public money would not be tolerated and stern action would be taken against officials who do so in the name of repair and beautification, electric and other maintenance of MLAs quarters, Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar said on Wednesday.
Replying to a short-notice question of ruling JD(U) member Sanjay Singh Tiger in the state assembly, Kumar said the old quarters for MLAs on R block and Beer Chand Patel path here would be demolished within a month and duplex houses
would be constructed for the members.
"In the meantime wasteful expenses are being made by the
officials in the name of maintenance, repair and renovation,
beautification and electricty in the old quarters," Tiger
He was supported by ruling BJP MLA Sanjay Sarawagi, who
sought actions against officials found to be involved in it.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who was present in the house
said he would ensure a probe by the development commissioner
into the allegations and stern actions would be taken against
those found to be guilty of irregularities, misuse and
wasteful expenses in the name of maintenance of the old MLA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports