`WB report on highway project bribery serious`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today described as `extremely serious` a reported World Bank report on bribery in highway project and NHAI officials being
put up in posh hotels and offered gold coins and demanded a
`thorough probe` into it.
The guilty should be punished, Kumar told newsmen here
and added that he had doubts in his mind about scam in
On Army Chief V K Singh`s revelations about offer to
bribe him, Kumar said "The Centre is not finding a solution to
any issue on time and adopting it right way ... It has led to
increase in controversies and disputes. It is quite
Reiterating his demand for special state status for
Bihar, Kumar said it was now being examined by the Planning
Commission and a delegation of the state had already made
detailed presentation before it.
Referring to Sam Pitroda`s remark that there was no need
to grant special status category to Bihar to woo private
investment, Kumar said he was just an advisor to the PM on
public information, infrastructure and innvoation and was
neither a member of the Planning Commission nor had any kind
of relation with the union finance ministry.
"He (Pitroda) is not the right person to answer any
question on according special state category to Bihar," Kumar
said adding it is for Planning Commission and union finance
ministry to decide on the demand.
Reacting to a question on Bihar MPs Kirti Jha Azad and
Lalu Prasad not spending their MPLAD funds in the state, he
said the Centre needed to take a decision on the scheme.
"We have scrapped the MLA Local Areas Development scheme
and transparency is being maintained on the selection process
of the new scheme for regional development in Bihar," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!