`WB report on highway project bribery serious`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today described as `extremely serious` a reported World Bank report on bribery in highway project and NHAI officials being
put up in posh hotels and offered gold coins and demanded a
`thorough probe` into it.
The guilty should be punished, Kumar told newsmen here
and added that he had doubts in his mind about scam in
On Army Chief V K Singh`s revelations about offer to
bribe him, Kumar said "The Centre is not finding a solution to
any issue on time and adopting it right way ... It has led to
increase in controversies and disputes. It is quite
Reiterating his demand for special state status for
Bihar, Kumar said it was now being examined by the Planning
Commission and a delegation of the state had already made
detailed presentation before it.
Referring to Sam Pitroda`s remark that there was no need
to grant special status category to Bihar to woo private
investment, Kumar said he was just an advisor to the PM on
public information, infrastructure and innvoation and was
neither a member of the Planning Commission nor had any kind
of relation with the union finance ministry.
"He (Pitroda) is not the right person to answer any
question on according special state category to Bihar," Kumar
said adding it is for Planning Commission and union finance
ministry to decide on the demand.
Reacting to a question on Bihar MPs Kirti Jha Azad and
Lalu Prasad not spending their MPLAD funds in the state, he
said the Centre needed to take a decision on the scheme.
"We have scrapped the MLA Local Areas Development scheme
and transparency is being maintained on the selection process
of the new scheme for regional development in Bihar," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read