`WB report on highway project bribery serious`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today described as `extremely serious` a reported World Bank report on bribery in highway project and NHAI officials being
put up in posh hotels and offered gold coins and demanded a
`thorough probe` into it.
The guilty should be punished, Kumar told newsmen here
and added that he had doubts in his mind about scam in
On Army Chief V K Singh`s revelations about offer to
bribe him, Kumar said "The Centre is not finding a solution to
any issue on time and adopting it right way ... It has led to
increase in controversies and disputes. It is quite
Reiterating his demand for special state status for
Bihar, Kumar said it was now being examined by the Planning
Commission and a delegation of the state had already made
detailed presentation before it.
Referring to Sam Pitroda`s remark that there was no need
to grant special status category to Bihar to woo private
investment, Kumar said he was just an advisor to the PM on
public information, infrastructure and innvoation and was
neither a member of the Planning Commission nor had any kind
of relation with the union finance ministry.
"He (Pitroda) is not the right person to answer any
question on according special state category to Bihar," Kumar
said adding it is for Planning Commission and union finance
ministry to decide on the demand.
Reacting to a question on Bihar MPs Kirti Jha Azad and
Lalu Prasad not spending their MPLAD funds in the state, he
said the Centre needed to take a decision on the scheme.
"We have scrapped the MLA Local Areas Development scheme
and transparency is being maintained on the selection process
of the new scheme for regional development in Bihar," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India