West Bengal woman gang-raped in Bihar
Patna: A woman from West Bengal was gang-raped by five men in Bihar`s Patna district, police on Tuesday said.
The victim, a resident of Bolrampur village in neighbouring Bengal, was found lying unconscious by a roadside, with several injuries on her, by a team of National Disaster Response Force late Monday in Bihta, about 30 km from Patna, a police official said.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said the Bengali speaking woman in her early 30s was gang-raped.
"Gang-rape was confirmed by her medical examination at a local hospital," he said.
She was admitted to a government hospital. "With the help of a mason, who was working near the hospital, she informed the police that four-five people gangraped her," police said.
The woman told police that she parted from her husband at the Howrah railway station in Kolkata, and boarded a train.
Police have lodged a case and begun investigations as to how she reached Bihta from Kolkata.
No arrests have been made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!