West Bengal woman gang-raped in Bihar
Patna: A woman from West Bengal was gang-raped by five men in Bihar`s Patna district, police on Tuesday said.
The victim, a resident of Bolrampur village in neighbouring Bengal, was found lying unconscious by a roadside, with several injuries on her, by a team of National Disaster Response Force late Monday in Bihta, about 30 km from Patna, a police official said.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said the Bengali speaking woman in her early 30s was gang-raped.
"Gang-rape was confirmed by her medical examination at a local hospital," he said.
She was admitted to a government hospital. "With the help of a mason, who was working near the hospital, she informed the police that four-five people gangraped her," police said.
The woman told police that she parted from her husband at the Howrah railway station in Kolkata, and boarded a train.
Police have lodged a case and begun investigations as to how she reached Bihta from Kolkata.
No arrests have been made so far, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!