"Who is the secular leader in NDA?" Lalu asks
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify as to who was the secular leader in NDA in the backdrop of the latter`s call to the NDA to select a secular person to be its prime ministerial candidate in 2014 general elections.
"Who is the secular leader in NDA?" he said and asked Kumar to clarify as much saying that the latter has been enjoying power in Bihar by sitting in the lap of the communal forces like BJP and RSS.
Prasad questioned the chief minister`s secular credentials in the context of 2002 riots in Gujarat and said that the latter was the railway minister when the Godhra incident had happened, but he did not order investigation.
"Is he (Kumar) trying to put forward his case as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate?" he asked.
The RJD leader also attacked the Chief Minister for arrest of several youths of Bihar districts by the ATS and the police of other states on alleged terror charges.
One of the youths died in jail in Maharashtra, but chief minister neither spoke nor took up the matter with other states, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Woman killed for dowry in Etah; husband, five others booked
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka