"Who is the secular leader in NDA?" Lalu asks
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify as to who was the secular leader in NDA in the backdrop of the latter`s call to the NDA to select a secular person to be its prime ministerial candidate in 2014 general elections.
"Who is the secular leader in NDA?" he said and asked Kumar to clarify as much saying that the latter has been enjoying power in Bihar by sitting in the lap of the communal forces like BJP and RSS.
Prasad questioned the chief minister`s secular credentials in the context of 2002 riots in Gujarat and said that the latter was the railway minister when the Godhra incident had happened, but he did not order investigation.
"Is he (Kumar) trying to put forward his case as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate?" he asked.
The RJD leader also attacked the Chief Minister for arrest of several youths of Bihar districts by the ATS and the police of other states on alleged terror charges.
One of the youths died in jail in Maharashtra, but chief minister neither spoke nor took up the matter with other states, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'