"Who is the secular leader in NDA?" Lalu asks
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify as to who was the secular leader in NDA in the backdrop of the latter`s call to the NDA to select a secular person to be its prime ministerial candidate in 2014 general elections.
"Who is the secular leader in NDA?" he said and asked Kumar to clarify as much saying that the latter has been enjoying power in Bihar by sitting in the lap of the communal forces like BJP and RSS.
Prasad questioned the chief minister`s secular credentials in the context of 2002 riots in Gujarat and said that the latter was the railway minister when the Godhra incident had happened, but he did not order investigation.
"Is he (Kumar) trying to put forward his case as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate?" he asked.
The RJD leader also attacked the Chief Minister for arrest of several youths of Bihar districts by the ATS and the police of other states on alleged terror charges.
One of the youths died in jail in Maharashtra, but chief minister neither spoke nor took up the matter with other states, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule