Wife alive after husband throws her into river
Patna: Wanting to get rid off his wife, a man allegedly threw her into the river Ganges in Bihar. Luckily the woman survived.
"My husband was sure that I will be killed after he pushed me off the bridge into the Ganges. But I was saved because I know swimming," Amrita Kumari, in her 20s, told a news agency on Friday.
Adarsh Kumar pushed Amrita off the Mahatma Gandhi Setu bridge here late Wednesday.
"I swam for nearly 12 hours in the middle of the river in search of a bank. Lastly, when I was about to turn unconscious, a fast water current pushed me to the river bank," Amrita said.
Amrita recalled that for large stretches, she was pushed back into the middle stream.
Some boatmen and local villagers spotted her lying unconscious on the bank, near Rasulpur village in Samastipur district, about 60 km from here. They informed the local police.
Police began searching for Adarsh and his family.
The family was possibly opposed to their inter-caste marriage, police suspect.
Amrita, a resident of Aurangabad district, married Adarsh two years ago in Amritsar where both met while working in the same office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates