Will face Bihar elections with JD(U), says BJP
Bangalore: The BJP today said it will face
the upcoming Assembly elections in Bihar with the JD(U) and
exuded confidence that the combine will return to power.
"I want to tell you that in Bihar, BJP and JD(U) will
win", BJP National General Secretary H N Ananth Kumar,
in-charge of party affairs in Bihar, told a backward classes`
"We will face the elections under the leadership of
Sushil Kumar Modi (Bihar`s Deputy Chief Minister) and Nitish
Kumar (Chief Minister)", he said.
Relations between the two parties had strained recently
following a spat over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s
visit to Bihar, an advertisement showing him and Nitish Kumar
and return of Rs five crore flood relief given by Gujarat two
The BJP had on July 2 invited the Gujarat Chief Minister
to campaign in Bihar, amid speculation that it would re-ignite
clash between the two coalition partners.
"Modi ji, please come to Bihar. You may campaign and hold
the BJP flag high," Ananth Kumar had told a meeting of the
party`s Gujarat Executive in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'