Will see to it that alliance not broken: Bihar BJP on JD(U)
Patna: With key ally JD(U) signalling parting ways with NDA, Bihar BJP core committee today held a hurriedly convened meeting at the residence of Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi to take stock of the situation.
After the meeting, Bihar BJP president Mangal Pandey told reporters that the party was in favour of continuation of the alliance and would be the "last to go for a break-up".
"BJP worked hard for formation of NDA and even made sacrifices to end jungle raj (of RJD) in Bihar. So, we will try our best to see that it is not broken," he said.
The meeting decided that until JD(U) president Sharad Yadav, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar or state JD(U) chief Bashist Narayan Singh come out with a statement on severing of ties, BJP will not consider assertions of other members as that party`s "decision", Pandey said.
Referring to the situation after appointment of Narendra Modi as BJP campaign panel chief, he said it was the party`s prerogative and others do not have a right to question it.
"This is against coalition dharma," he said while commenting on the scathing attacks by JD(U) leaders like Shivanand Tiwari and state Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh on the Gujarat chief minister`s elevation in the party.
Pandey claimed that JD(U) leaders had said Modi`s elevation was an internal matter of BJP after the decision at the Goa BJP executive. "But what happened to them (JD-U) in the past two days is a surprise for BJP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues