Winter session of Bihar assembly from Nov 30
Patna: The winter session of Bihar Assembly is likely to begin from November 30 and the Speaker for the House would be elected on December two, a top state government official said on Saturday.
The newly elected Bihar government would accord top priority to weed out corruption, ensure energy and food security, besides giving thrust to good governance, maintenance of law and order, health, education and other sectors.
A decision to this effect was taken at the first Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, state Cabinet and Coordination Department`s Principal Secretary Afzal Amanullah told reporters here.
Kumar said that while his previous term had accorded priority to maintenance of law and order, health and education, the present dispensation would have to work more sincerely with major thrust on good governance, food security, energy and corruption, besides other issues already being pursued, Amanullah said.
The meeting also decided to recommend to the state Governor Devanand Konwar to convene the winter session of the state Assembly on November 30 to facilitate the newly-elected MLAs to take oath during the first three days.
The state Cabinet also recommended to the Governor to appoint eight-time MLA Sadanand Singh as protem Speaker. A full-fledged Speaker for the House would be elected later on December two.
The Governor would address the joint session of both the Houses of the state legislature on December 3.
Regular session of the two houses has been proposed between December 3 and December 9 to facilitate passage of the second supplementary budget for the year 2010, Amanullah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof