Woman, 11-month-old daughter set ablaze for dowry
Arwal: A woman along with her 11-month-old daughter was today allegedly set ablaze by her husband over dowry, police said.
The 37-year-old woman and her daughter were charred to death by the accused as the victim failed to fulfil his dowry demands, they said.
The accused, a goldsmith, was arrested along with his brother following complaints lodged with the police by the woman`s brother under Prevention of Dowry Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming