Woman, 11-month-old daughter set ablaze for dowry
Arwal: A woman along with her 11-month-old daughter was today allegedly set ablaze by her husband over dowry, police said.
The 37-year-old woman and her daughter were charred to death by the accused as the victim failed to fulfil his dowry demands, they said.
The accused, a goldsmith, was arrested along with his brother following complaints lodged with the police by the woman`s brother under Prevention of Dowry Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years