Woman abducted from Bihar station
Patna: A woman was abducted early Wednesday near the Motihari railway station in Bihar by criminals who attacked and seriously wounded her husband and flung her crying child, police said.
The young woman reached the station Tuesday night by Jan Nayar Express from Delhi with her husband and their six-month-old son.
After spending the night at the platform, when they were on their way to catch a vehicle, a group of armed men kidnapped her.
"She was taken away on their motorcycle," a police official said.
The abductors seriously injured her husband with knives and dumped their crying child on the road, police said. The unconscious husband has been admitted to a hospital.
According to police, it was the first such incident reported in Motihari, the district headquarters of East Champaran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy