Woman abducted from Bihar station
Patna: A woman was abducted early Wednesday near the Motihari railway station in Bihar by criminals who attacked and seriously wounded her husband and flung her crying child, police said.
The young woman reached the station Tuesday night by Jan Nayar Express from Delhi with her husband and their six-month-old son.
After spending the night at the platform, when they were on their way to catch a vehicle, a group of armed men kidnapped her.
"She was taken away on their motorcycle," a police official said.
The abductors seriously injured her husband with knives and dumped their crying child on the road, police said. The unconscious husband has been admitted to a hospital.
According to police, it was the first such incident reported in Motihari, the district headquarters of East Champaran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit