Woman and her minor children poisoned to death
Lakhisarai: A woman and her two minor children were poisoned to death in a village under Virupur police station area in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, police sources said on Thursday.
The incident took place in Turkejni village last night as the woman Asmita Devi (30) and her two children Lalan (4) and Rubi (six months) were poisoned to death allegedly by her husband Pravesh Mahto and his family members, the sources said.
A police team has rushed to the village to take possession of the bodies for post-mortem, they said.
The woman`s father Mahendra Mahto has lodged an FIR against his son in-law and three other family members charging them with the murder of his daughter and grandchildren, the sources said, adding an investigation was on to find out the motive behind the triple murder.
The accused persons were absconding after the incident came to light this morning, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore