Woman and her minor children poisoned to death
Lakhisarai: A woman and her two minor children were poisoned to death in a village under Virupur police station area in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, police sources said on Thursday.
The incident took place in Turkejni village last night as the woman Asmita Devi (30) and her two children Lalan (4) and Rubi (six months) were poisoned to death allegedly by her husband Pravesh Mahto and his family members, the sources said.
A police team has rushed to the village to take possession of the bodies for post-mortem, they said.
The woman`s father Mahendra Mahto has lodged an FIR against his son in-law and three other family members charging them with the murder of his daughter and grandchildren, the sources said, adding an investigation was on to find out the motive behind the triple murder.
The accused persons were absconding after the incident came to light this morning, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble