Woman and her minor children poisoned to death
Lakhisarai: A woman and her two minor children were poisoned to death in a village under Virupur police station area in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, police sources said on Thursday.
The incident took place in Turkejni village last night as the woman Asmita Devi (30) and her two children Lalan (4) and Rubi (six months) were poisoned to death allegedly by her husband Pravesh Mahto and his family members, the sources said.
A police team has rushed to the village to take possession of the bodies for post-mortem, they said.
The woman`s father Mahendra Mahto has lodged an FIR against his son in-law and three other family members charging them with the murder of his daughter and grandchildren, the sources said, adding an investigation was on to find out the motive behind the triple murder.
The accused persons were absconding after the incident came to light this morning, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter