Woman and her minor children poisoned to death
Lakhisarai: A woman and her two minor children were poisoned to death in a village under Virupur police station area in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, police sources said on Thursday.
The incident took place in Turkejni village last night as the woman Asmita Devi (30) and her two children Lalan (4) and Rubi (six months) were poisoned to death allegedly by her husband Pravesh Mahto and his family members, the sources said.
A police team has rushed to the village to take possession of the bodies for post-mortem, they said.
The woman`s father Mahendra Mahto has lodged an FIR against his son in-law and three other family members charging them with the murder of his daughter and grandchildren, the sources said, adding an investigation was on to find out the motive behind the triple murder.
The accused persons were absconding after the incident came to light this morning, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured