Woman arrested for son`s threat call to RJD MLA
Patna: A woman was arrested from Bihar`s
Bhojpur district in connection with a threat call to RJD MLA
Dinesh Chandra Singh, a police official said on Friday.
Acting on a tip off, Kanchan Singh was rounded up from
Jagdishpur in Bhojpur district after it emerged during probe
that her son Aditya Singh had allegedly made the call to the
RJD MLA from Jagdishpur on his cellphone on March 28, Senior
Superintendent of Police (SSP) Alok Singh told reporters here.
Raids were being carried out to nab the woman`s husband
as well as her son Aditya, the SSP said.
Inquiries revealed that Aditya allegedly made the
threatening call to the RJD MLA from the SIM card of one
Irshad apparently to take revenge on the latter as the youth
(Irshad) was in love with Singh`s sister, the SSP said.
The RJD MLA had raised the issue in the state Assembly
and was assured by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar that necessary
action will be taken in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump