Woman arrested for son`s threat call to RJD MLA
Patna: A woman was arrested from Bihar`s
Bhojpur district in connection with a threat call to RJD MLA
Dinesh Chandra Singh, a police official said on Friday.
Acting on a tip off, Kanchan Singh was rounded up from
Jagdishpur in Bhojpur district after it emerged during probe
that her son Aditya Singh had allegedly made the call to the
RJD MLA from Jagdishpur on his cellphone on March 28, Senior
Superintendent of Police (SSP) Alok Singh told reporters here.
Raids were being carried out to nab the woman`s husband
as well as her son Aditya, the SSP said.
Inquiries revealed that Aditya allegedly made the
threatening call to the RJD MLA from the SIM card of one
Irshad apparently to take revenge on the latter as the youth
(Irshad) was in love with Singh`s sister, the SSP said.
The RJD MLA had raised the issue in the state Assembly
and was assured by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar that necessary
action will be taken in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!