Woman candidate nomination rejected
Darbhanga: The nomination papers of a woman candidate of the Darbhanga Municipal Corporation (DMC) were rejected on Sunday after her caste certificate was found to be fake during scrutiny, official sources said.
The nomination papers of Bela Devi, a candidate for the ward number 20 of DMC was rejected during scrutiny when it was found that the caste certificate submitted by her was fake, deputy election officer Kumar Vivekanand said.
Bela Devi has been booked under relevant acts of the IPC and the Bihar Municipal Act, 2007, the sources said.
The veracity of Bela Devi`s caste certificate was challenged by another candidate Jiyaulla Ansari and it was found during scrutiny that the certificate was indeed a fake one, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read