Woman dead, two sons battling for life after consuming poison
Araria: A woman allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, while her two sons were battling for life after she fed them poison-laced dinner in Bihar`s Araria district, police said.
Apparently peeved with frequent quarrels with her husband, a woman Zohra Khatun (25) gave poison-laced food to her two minor sons before consuming the same at their house in Dholbazza village last night, the sources said.
Khatun and her sons were brought in a serious condition to the Sadar hospital where the attending doctors declared the woman as dead on arrival, while the condition of her sons was stated to be critical, sources said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, the sources said adding the victim`s husband and other members of his family were absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption