Woman dead, two sons battling for life after consuming poison
Araria: A woman allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, while her two sons were battling for life after she fed them poison-laced dinner in Bihar`s Araria district, police said.
Apparently peeved with frequent quarrels with her husband, a woman Zohra Khatun (25) gave poison-laced food to her two minor sons before consuming the same at their house in Dholbazza village last night, the sources said.
Khatun and her sons were brought in a serious condition to the Sadar hospital where the attending doctors declared the woman as dead on arrival, while the condition of her sons was stated to be critical, sources said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, the sources said adding the victim`s husband and other members of his family were absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today