Woman dead, two sons battling for life after consuming poison
Araria: A woman allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, while her two sons were battling for life after she fed them poison-laced dinner in Bihar`s Araria district, police said.
Apparently peeved with frequent quarrels with her husband, a woman Zohra Khatun (25) gave poison-laced food to her two minor sons before consuming the same at their house in Dholbazza village last night, the sources said.
Khatun and her sons were brought in a serious condition to the Sadar hospital where the attending doctors declared the woman as dead on arrival, while the condition of her sons was stated to be critical, sources said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, the sources said adding the victim`s husband and other members of his family were absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'