Woman dead, two sons battling for life after consuming poison
Araria: A woman allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, while her two sons were battling for life after she fed them poison-laced dinner in Bihar`s Araria district, police said.
Apparently peeved with frequent quarrels with her husband, a woman Zohra Khatun (25) gave poison-laced food to her two minor sons before consuming the same at their house in Dholbazza village last night, the sources said.
Khatun and her sons were brought in a serious condition to the Sadar hospital where the attending doctors declared the woman as dead on arrival, while the condition of her sons was stated to be critical, sources said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, the sources said adding the victim`s husband and other members of his family were absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage